When do both male and female experience hairy armpits? Do waxing or exfoliation an option of getting rid of hairs apart from shaving underarm? What is armpit hair for? There are so many questions about hairy armpits.
Shaving underarm is experienced by both girls or boys what have reached puberty stage and even adults. Therefore, get more insight from the information provided the article.
- Shaving armpit benefits
- Shaving underarm tips
- Dark shaving armpits make them dark – dark underarms due shaving
- Shaving underarms side effects
- How to remove armpit hair naturally
Shaving armpit benefits
Do shaving armpits reduce sweating? This is the common question being asked everywhere on beauty platform. However, the following are the general importance of getting rid of underarm hairs.
Armpit Hair and Sweat
There is conditional and fairly unclear confirmation recommending that shaving your armpit hair lessens sweating. While shaving your underarms won’t make your armpits cooler or create less sweat, but the sweat recolors on your garments will be less articulated.
Underarm Hair and Hygiene
The odor from sweat is caused by bacteria and the bacteria can multiply in the damp area of armpit hair, shaving the armpits results in less space for bacteria to breed.
The Aesthetics of a Shaved Armpit
If you are an athlete or an underwear model then shaving your armpit hair would be of a professional advantage to you. Even if you are a regular guy, no one likes to see hair poking out from under your arms.
The Connection with Smell
There are widely circulated opinions that shaving armpit hair actually helps reduce a man’s body odor. Other studies show that a man’s confidence is lowered when he is aware of his own body odor.
Your antiperspirant and deodorant will be more effective
Deodorant prevents odor from happening by dealing with the bacteria that accompanies sweat. As you now know, less hair means fewer bacteria. This gives your deodorant fewer bacteria to fight against, making it more effective.
On the other hand, antiperspirant reduces the amount of sweat. Once applied, antiperspirant minimizes how much sweat is excreted from the glands. When you shave your armpits you can apply the antiperspirant directly to the skin, instead of on the hair. This makes it easier for the product to reach your sweat glands, thus increasing its effectiveness.
Shaving underarm tips
When shaving legs, underarms or bikini area, proper miniaturization is a vital first step. Never shave without first moistening dry hair with water, as dry hair is difficult to cut and breaks down the fine edge of a razor blade.
Here are the tips of shaving underarm:
- Moisten skin and apply a thick shaving gel.
- Lift your arm up while shaving to pull skin tight.
- Shave from the bottom up, allowing the razor to glide over the skin.
- Avoid shaving the same area more than once, to minimize skin irritation.
- Wire-wrapped blades, like those made by Schick® or Wilkinson Sword, help prevent careless nicks and cuts. Don’t press too hard! Simply let the blade and handle do the work for you.
- Avoid applying deodorants or antiperspirants immediately after shaving, as doing so can result in irritation and stinging. To prevent this, shave underarms at night and give the area time to stabilize before using deodorant.
Dark shaving armpits make them dark – dark underarms due shaving
Here is information of what causes dark armpits of both male and female apart from shaving.
Dark underarm staining can be brought about by a therapeutic condition known as acanthosis nigricans. While it can influence generally sound individuals, acanthosis nigricans is every now and again found in people with insulin issue, as indicated by the Cleveland Clinic.
Diabetes and insulin resistance are two noteworthy reasons for acanthosis nigricans. It is additionally found in people with Addison ailment, pituitary issues, hypothyroidism, or those experiencing development hormone treatment, utilizing oral contraceptives or cholesterol solutions containing nicotinic corrosive.
It can influence any piece of the body with folds, including the underarms. Zones influenced feel smooth and are dull dark or darker shading.
A bacterial disease known as erythrasma can be a guilty party in delivering dark underarms. The contamination, brought on by the Corynebacterium minutissimum bacterium, starts showing up as pink patches.
The pink spots transform into dark colored scales. It is more typical among people with diabetes mellitus, as indicated by the National Institutes of Health. It influences a larger number of people in warm atmospheres than those in frosty.
Antiperspirants and Deodorants
Ingredients in antiperspirant items could respond with the skin or individual body science to bring about staining. The Beauty Brains site asserts this is essentially incapable, yet notes episodic confirmation where individuals have quit utilizing antiperspirant and antiperspirant mix items who have watched the end of dark underarm staining.
This condition causes your skin to produce excess melanin pigment. It doesn`t usually affect armpits, so it’s a less likely cause.
Buildup of dead skin cells
According to at least one dermatologist, dark spots under your arms are the result of dead skin cells that are trapped in microscopic “hills and valleys” on your skin. It is recommended to be exfoliated with a product containing lactic acid.
Note: When you shave, you cut the hairs off at, or just below, the surface of the skin. If your hairs are slightly darker than your skin color, they can give the appearance that your skin has a dark stain when it`s really just sub-surface hair. Therefore, you will be expected to stop shaving and try waxing.
Shaving underarms side effects
Armpit skin contains a layer of skin that is slightly different than other skin types. When shaving underarm, the following are some of the side effects or dangers associated with shaving armpit hairs:
Appearance of bumps
When you happen shave the armpit using an improper shaving equipment expect appearance of pimple-like bumps afterwards since the skin underarm is more sensitive than other parts due to the presence of a fair amount of cholesterol, ceramides and his little content (cell adhesive).
Peeling of underarm skin
Armpit hair shaving process was dangerous and it can ruin the appearance since when shaving armpit hair, about 1/3 the skin around the axillary or 2-3 mg would help exfoliate the skin. Without any need to be shaved, the skin will peel off naturally. However, by shaving the skin is forced to peel.
This instance will occur in case you happen to shave your armpit using a dull razor blade. Therefore you should know how to shave armpit hair in a better way by using better equipment.
How to remove armpit hair naturally
The following are the natural ways on how to get rid of underarm hairs apart from shaving underarm. They include:
Old ladies in the past have utilized turmeric for relaxing hair follicles, which will empower simple hair expulsion, which is effortless yet very lasting.
Follow these instructions to do hair removal using turmeric paste:
- Add all the ingredients to make a thick turmeric paste.
- Apply the well-stirred paste onto the underarm hair—works best with thinner underarm hair, and leave it sit for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Wash off with the towel which has been soaked into warm water.
- Pat dry and repeat the treatment to loosen hair follicles and thus, remove the hair.
Honey Lemon Hair Remover
Honey has been used for various facial treatments. This natural ingredient is useful for removing unwanted hair if applied regularly.
The instructions are as follow:
- Mix the honey and lemon juice and stir well.
- Apply the mixture onto the desired underarm areas.
- Leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rinse with warm water or wash it off using a damp towel.
- Pat dry and repeat the treatment 2-3 times a week for continuous 4 weeks to remove the hair permanently.
Homemade sugar wax
This is a natural remedy for more-permanent hair removal. Waxing in the salon cost a lot of money, and this sugar wax can be an alternative which is more pocket-friendly.
To prepare the wax, here are the instructions:
- Put sugar in a pan and pour the water into it.
- Cook the mixture until the entire sugar dissolves, creating brown caramel color.
- Add the lemon juice and keep stirring the mixture until you get waxy solution. This will take approximately 20 minutes.
- Pour the wax into a heat-resistant and let it cool down.
To apply the wax, use this method:
- Wash the targeted area with warm water and pat dry with a towel.
- Spread the wax onto the targeted area in the direction of hair growth using a spatula.
- Put a cotton cloth or waxing strip on the applied wax and press it tenderly.
- Remove the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth. Do this real quick to minimize the pain and maximize the effect on treated areas.
- Apply gentle moisturizer onto the treated area to soothe it. A natural aloe vera will be better in calming the skin pores.
Sugaring has been one of the most popular methods for removing unwanted hair. It can be done at home easily and gives much better effects on your skin compared to waxing. Sugaring is aimed at the skin cells and thus, will not reduce the skin elasticity even though done frequently.
To make the paste, do these steps:
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan and put it on small flame to simmer.
- Do this for 25 minutes to make sure the mixture has a right consistency and is not too sticky.
- After 25 minutes, the mixture will turn into a dark amber color. Remove from heat and let it cool.
To do the sugaring, here are the directions:
- Clean skin thoroughly.
- Apply a light dusting of baby sugar to make sure the paste grasp the hair tightly and does not stick to the skin too much.
- Take out a scoop of the paste with your hand.
- Roll the paste into a ball using light pressing with your bare hands.
- Apply the paste on to the targeted skin on the opposite direction of hair growth firmly, allowing it to spread.
- Peel the sugaring paste off following the direction of hair growth. It is important because otherwise you are going to break the follicles, causing shorter period of effect.
- If some hair is missed, the sugaring paste can be applied on the same area for once or twice, but not more than that. The paste ball can also be re-rolled and thus, re-applied a couple times before disposed.
You may also like
- Pain in Armpit Causes, Symptoms, Sharp Left, No Lump, on Breast, Treatments and Relief
- Underarm Pain Causes No Lump, Shooting Left Right Breast Area Armpit Pain, Remedies and Treatment
- Dark Underarms Causes, How to Get Rid or Whiten with Creams, Remedies and Treatments
- Underarm Cysts Causes, Pictures, Infection Symptoms, Removal and Treatment
- Lump in Armpit Causes, Painful, Small, in Male and Female
- Get Rid Of Armpit Fat with Exercises, Lipo, Surgery and Women Bra
- The top 5 causes of darkened armpits: http://thebeautybrains.com/2006/12/the-top-5-causes-of-darkened-armpits/
- What are the benefits of not shaving armpit hair? https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-benefits-of-not-shaving-armpit-hair
- Tips On How to Shave Your Armpits (And Prevent Razor Burn, Cuts and Ingrown Hair): https://groomingessentialsblog.com/how-to-shave-your-armpits/
- Adverse Effects of Shaving Armpit Hairs: http://marcoshirohige.blogspot.co.ke/2012/07/adverse-effects-of-shaving-armpit-hairs.html
- Natural way to remove underarm hair: https://beautyhealthtips.in/homemade-tips-remove-underarm-hair/