Is it easy to remove nose hair? Does nose hair waxing process hurt? Is it necessary to remove nose hair? Nose hair waxing is meant to make you look more groomed, more feminine and even a little bit sexier.
The article provide an outline on how to get rid of excessive hairs that pop out of your nose without resulting to ingrown hairs and I hope it will be useful to learn about it.
While looking at nose hair waxing, we will cover the meaning, risks, best waxing kits, nose hair waxing at home and much more including tips to make it a success.
What is waxing
Waxing is a beauty word that implies the beauty treatment in which hair is removed from someone’s body by covering it in a thin layer of warm waxing strip that is then pulled off. Some of this type of services offered by salons is known as manicure service.
This type of beauty treatment of getting rid of unwanted hairs can take place to any part of the body such as, ears, nose, legs, thighs, pubic area, and armpits and even on the chest. Therefore, this article focusses on nose hair waxing.
Nose hair waxing consists of coating a thin wood stick with wax and then placing it slightly in the nostril and letting it stay there. Nose hair waxing only removes a small amount of hair since these hairs nose hairs serve a protective function, like filtering out junk, and the waxing sticks don’t get all up in there.
Nose hair waxing kit
Most people keep on wondering how to remove nose hairs inside the nostril without hurting the delicate skin tissue but don’t worry anymore since Nad’s Nose Wax kit is available for you.
Nad’s Nose Wax is considered to be the first DIY nose hair waxing kit, removing unwanted hair in minutes and leaving the nostrils hair free for up to four weeks.
When coated with the soothing chamomile and aloe-enriched wax on the applicator, it is meant only to remove long hairs only that may tend to pop out of your nose leaving the important hair deep inside the nose undisturbed.
Here are ways on how to enhance effective nose hair waxing:
- Clean the inside of the nostrils with a tissue.
- Dip the applicator into the wax and ensure the wax covers the entire base of the collar. Do not dip deeper than the base of the collar.
- Twist the applicator out of the wax to prevent the wax from dripping. Tap the applicator on the rim of the jar to remove any excess wax.
- Immediately pull tightly down on your upper lip to hold the skin taut underneath the nose and insert the applicator into the nose. The collar should sit outside the nostril. Do not move or twist the applicator once it has been inserted.
- Let the wax cool inside your nostril for at least 90 seconds but no more than 2 mins. Otherwise you can follow the instruction on the packet.
- To remove, hold the stem of the applicator tightly and pull down in one swift movement. The quicker you pull the applicator, the more effective the hair removal result.
- Discard applicator after use or proceed to using the spatula end for deep pore cleansing. Repeat process for the other nostril.
Deep pore cleansing after nose hair waxing
- Coat the Spatula of the applicator with a thick layer of wax. Do not coat the Stem of the applicator. Twist the applicator out of the wax to prevent the wax from dripping.
- Apply the wax in a thick, even layer from the center of the nose down towards the cheek area. Treat each side of your nose separately.
- Let the wax cool on the skin for 30 seconds until it is still soft and pliable but no longer sticky to touch. If wax is left on skin too long, it becomes hard and brittle.
- Hold the cheek taut with the free hand. Carefully flick the wax, starting at the outer edge and then tightly grip the wax and remove in one quick motion towards the center of the nose.
- Repeat process for opposite side of the nose and Discard the applicator after use.
Note: if you have a moustache or stubble, use the moustache stencils to protect the area. Hold the stencil tight over the area when inserting the applicator.
Nose hair waxing risks
Nose hair tends to grow longer as we get older, spilling out the sides of our nostrils and making unwelcome appearances in bright lights. Although they serve a very important role to our body, nasal hair removal becomes a major concern for some people.
Here are some of the side effects of nose hair waxing:
- Tweezing which involves pulling of hairs from the nose can be pretty painful and cause bad infection inside the nose.
- Laser hair removal in the nostril tends to cause damage of the mucus membranes inside of the nose causing respiratory problems and also drainage issues.
- Nose hair waxing is many times more painful than tweezing and the risk of infection is incredibly high. Even if you use a natural waxing product, this method should be avoided at all costs.
- Electrolysis which completely uproots the entire hair. This means that the hair will never grow back, which is very dangerous because you are removing your body’s protection.
Waxing nose hair at home
Everyone has hairs in the nose whether male or female since it is brought about by hormonal changes in the body may cause excess hair to grow in areas in which it never grew before.
Getting rid of embarrassing nose hair can become top priority by using the following methods that may best suit you at home:
- Moist Cotton Swab
- Nose Hair trimmer
- Pluck nose hairs
- Shaving or Waxing
Read more from tips to remove nose hair
Note: here are simple steps on how to trim nose hairs:
- Trim nose hair using a nose hair trimmer by just turning it on, and then gently press the blades of the trimmer against the skin of your nose. The trimmer will cut the hair at the surface of the skin. Repeat as needed.
- Snip nose hair using a pair of personal grooming scissors with rounded tips. Grip the grooming scissors firmly, slipping your thumb through one hole and your middle finger through the other. Support the scissors with your pointer finger as you tilt your head back, and cut away the long nose hair using the very tips of the grooming scissors.
- You can also try laser hair removal. Seek out a professional hair-removal specialist who has a good reputation. Ask around if you must. Laser hair removal can permanently do away with embarrassing, excessive nose hair.
Nose hair removal cream
Getting rid of nose hairs is a complicated business, and using hair removal cream to take care of them is actually not advised by most beauty professionals.
This is because most hair removal creams are consists of toxic chemicals that melt hair, resulting in fumes that are dangerous to breathe.
If you insist on using hair removal cream for nose hairs, use a cream that is made of all-natural ingredients and lacks any type of added fragrance.
Note: You may also need to accompany this treatment with a backup nose hair removal technique. Most of these creams are found on Amazon.
- HOW DO I GET RID OF NOSE HAIR? http://www.menshealth.co.uk/style/grooming/how-do-I-get-rid-of-nose-hair
- Nose Hair Removal Side Effects: http://www.healthadel.com/nose-hair-removal-side-effects/
- Tips To Remove Nose Hair: http://www.boldsky.com/beauty/body-care/2013/tips-remove-nose-hair-035277.html
- The Best Products for Male Nose Hair Removal: http://hairfreelife.com/best-products-male-nose-hair-removal/
- Weird Places You’re Growing Hair: http://www.prevention.com/beauty/weird-hair-growth-and-removal