You have been finally perturbed with niggling hair condition days. You know what I mean, your hair just feels revolting since it is oily. You know, there are wide range of causes that could lead to oily hair, but thanks to wonderful oily hair shampoos in the market. In our article today, you will learn more about the most valuable oily hair shampoo, what to look for in a good shampoo for oily hair, how to get effective result using oily hair shampoo and more.
Oily hair in deed can be embarrassing, revolting and generally worrisome. It very unfortunate that, oily hair syndrome is commonest among many individuals, but this does not mean it is something you can put up with. Fortuitously, there are remedies out there meant to get rid of greasy oil.
Certain shampoos have been fashioned to specifically deal with unwanted oily hair. They have the potential to purify and clarify any impurity that could trigger oily hair. Regarding that, there is one major challenge, there are many shampoo products in the market that makes it difficult to decide which one is appropriate for oily hair. “Not all shampoos are formulated the same way, therefore they will not all deliver the same results.” [Oilyhairguide.com].
Before we expound on the best greasy hair shampoo, let us first explore the primary causes of oily hair.
- Causes of oily hair
- Is it Possible to treat oily hair?
- What to look for in a good shampoo for oily hair?
- How to achieve the best result with good greasy hair shampoo?
- 10 Best shampoos for oily hair – best brands
- Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion
- TRESemmé Deep Cleansing Shampoo
- Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo
- Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Conditioner
- Apivita Balancing Shampoo
- Neutrogena T/Sal Shampoo, Scalp Build-up Control
- Tisserand Tea Tree Deep Cleansing Shampoo
- Pantene Purify Clarifying Shampoo
- Head and Shoulders Instant Oil Control Shampoo
- L’Oreal Serie Expert Pure Resource Shampoo for Unisex
Causes of oily hair
In efforts to get rid of bothersome oily hair, it is noteworthy to have prior knowledge why oily hair is there in the first place. As we had put it before, oily hair have got wide range of causes. Yes that goes without saying. Despite the various causes, it is all clear that the major cause of oily hair concerns the maintenance of hair. You must keep your hair clean, hydrated and refreshed to avoid greasiness and maintain beautiful hair. Here are the reasons why you may have an oily hair:
- Overproduction of sebum: The scalp contains sebaceous glands that are responsible for producing sebum. Sebum is skin natural oil meant for lubrication of the skin. Unfortunately, some condition can influence these glands to produce excess sebum and this would lead to greasy hair.
- Hormonal disorders: Hormonal disorders are also linked with excess production of sebum. Higher level of certain hormones i.e. androgens cam increase skin oil production. This is more common during puberty, pregnancy or when undergoing birth control medication
- Poor Hair Care Routine: Your personal hair care habits all will determine a lot as far as your healthy hair is concerned. Some of the bad hair care habits that can lead to greasy hair include excess scrubbing (i.e. during shampooing), brushing too much and frequent hair touch. All these can trigger irritation on the scalp leading to more oil production. Some of these activities can also spread the transfer oil to your hair or spread the oil across your scalp.
- Hair Types: Is it believed that certain hair types are more vulnerable to oily hair than others. Curly hair are usually oily and the roots. You are also not safe if you have fine or thicker hair. Thicker hair will mean too many sebaceous gland, and too many sebaceous glands equals to more oil production.
- More Causes: Apart from the primary causes explained above, more factors that can causes or trigger oily hair include:
- Having dry scalp
- Naturally oily scalp
- Poor diet
- Weather changes
- Stress and Depression
- Over conditioning
- Genetic factors
Oily hair problem can also cause some revolting complications. The complications can occur alongside oily hair or may stay a little bit after the oiliness vanishes. Some of the complication linked to oily hair include, dandruff, all acne types, hair loss, painful sores and itchiness on the scalp among other appalling impediments
Is it Possible to treat oily hair?
Oily or greasy hair usually seem to be a persisting problem. With that being said, oily hair will only end if all the treatment procedures are applied in the right way. Oily hair is a never ending problem even with frequent shampooing and application of less conditioner. I mean, all the treatments must be done to their perfection.
We want to make it clear, oily hair is treatable but only with good therapy! There are good shampoos meant to purify, replenish and provide a deep cleanse for those prisoners of greasy hair. We can be quoted for this again, oily hair syndrome can be treated quickly and more easily with proper remedies i.e. the use shampoos filled with amazing ingredients to soak up unwanted oils in your hair.
What to look for in a good shampoo for oily hair?
As we had laid before, there are many shampoo brands in the market and thus choosing the best shampoo for your oily hair may be a challenge. During your search for best greasy hair shampoo, there are some basic information you need to confirm first to achieve better results upon the application of these shampoos. Such information will probably be available somewhere on the labels laminated on the shampoo containers. But don’t ever make the shampoo price to determine your choice. No, that is wrong. Some of the information to synthesis before purchasing best shampoo include:
- Is the shampoo meant or formulated specifically for oily hair
- Does the shampoo contain any added oil or silicon? Added oil and silicon tend to induce higher production of sebum. You can also check if the shampoo is clear (does not contain any additional conditioner) or not
- Check if the shampoo is having effective ingredients for treating oily hair such as citrus extracts and astringent herbs. These ingredients often help in breaking up the extra oils
It is very vital to investigate on good clarifying shampoo help make drastic change with your oily hair. The above directions will help you find the higher recommended shampoo for your greasy hair and make you once again have a beautiful and big bouncy hair
How to achieve the best result with good greasy hair shampoo?
To get effective results with greasy hair shampoo, there are some few strategy you need to work out properly. No matter what effective anti-grease you use, you won’t get positive result unless the treatment procedure observes all the guidelines. Here are important steps you must extremely follow for better results:
What should be clear to all conditioner lovers is that, conditioner is meant to nurture specific area or dryness not locations that are yet moisturized. For instance, the root of hair is already moisturized so you should not condition it. Again, also to avoid over conditioning only condition once a week and do infrequently. In fact it is recommended not to condition extremely oily hair at all.
Wash frequently though not daily
Washing hair daily is also just but another misconception. Washing regularly is necessary but too much washing can also rip hair of its oil. This can make the scalp to compensate for the lost oil and hence produce excess oil. So make sure you wash frequently but not daily.
Warm and cold water to rinse the hair
Before saying anything, you must not rinse your hair using hot water you already bathing in. Hot water usually strips the hair of its oils. By the time the scalp will be replenishing the lost oil and hence leading to extra production of oil. It is highly recommended to use warm water and lastly use cold water.
10 Best shampoos for oily hair – best brands
Here are the top 10 best shampoos for oily hair treatment you can give a trial for all hair types:
Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion
This brand of shampoo is in the form of powder. It absorbs oil and provides lift to the hair roots. Though it is in the powder form, when it is rubbed between the hands, they turn wet and is used to tousled, beachy waves. The ingredients in it include acacia gum and kaolin clay. “This powder to lotion formula makes hair thicker by transforming fine/thin hair into an abundance of bulked up, matte texture and style using acacia gum and kaolin clay. Suitable for all hair types.” [beautyheaven.com.au]
TRESemmé Deep Cleansing Shampoo
This deep cleansing shampoo can be found in any drug store. It is easily available and performs wonders hence refered to as best drugstore shampoo for oily hair. It provides deep cleanse at the same time getting rid of the build-ups and impurities on the scalp. This product may applied once in a weak for mild case but for extreme cases of oily hair, it can be applied daily. It usually leaves your hair looking and feeling cleaner and beautiful. It is also enriched with vitamin C and extract from grape fruit and lemon. These ingredients are responsible for clarifying and polishing your hair. For very effective results if you have oily scalp, use this wonderful shampoo.
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo is the most effective shampoo and can easily fit your budget. This shampoo should be applied once in a week and can make a difference with your greasy hair. It can get rid of very heavy build-up on the scalp. It is made up of mild and non-irritating ingredients. This clarifying shampoo clears any residue on your hair may be from styling products, everyday build-up or a heavy conditioning.
This shampoo will leave you with soft-feeling hair that is clean and refreshed. It will leave you with beautiful hair having good texture without spending a lot of cash.
Herbal Essences Drama Clean Refreshing Conditioner
This is a good conditioner for light and lush hair. It can be used daily to condition the hair and will not weigh down the hair. It is enriched with combination of citrus blossom and green tea. This product will leave you with very beautiful hair, I mean it will leave with refreshed hair, manageable and lustrous hair. It is also fused with serum formula for moisturized softness.
Apivita Balancing Shampoo
This is among the best shampoos for sebum reduction. It is full of natural ingredients making it a no-nonsense oil remover. It has got ingredients such as peppermint, propolis, thyme, nettle, and natural Lipoamino acid. Many customers loves this products because of its Lipoamino acid. It is a wonderful natural acid for reducing sebum in the oil glands. It is also a brilliant shampoo for strengthening. Its price is also fair for any man`s budget. We concluded that it is extremely effective and a wonderful best shampoo for oily hair.
Neutrogena T/Sal Shampoo, Scalp Build-up Control
Usually, it is not a surprise to find oily scalp and dandruff occurring at the same time. When the hair becomes too greasy, the scalp will be finally dry and start to flake. Both oily and flaky hair are menace and must be vanished. This is why we step in this famous shampoo, the neutrogena T/Sal Shampoo, Scalp Build-up Control. This clarifying and anti-dandruff shampoo is really effective for extreme oily scalp. This must also be clear to you, this oily scalp shampoo limits oil build-up and gets rid of unwanted flakes of the scalp.
The most active ingredient in this shampoo is the salicylic acid that is also available in many prescriptions. When this acid is present on the scalp, it will greatly reduce sebum production an also diminish the flaky hair.
Tisserand Tea Tree Deep Cleansing Shampoo
Tea tree oil is very famous product for many scalp conditions including greasy hair and have been used for years. It has a great anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties that are responsible for stripping down existing, extra oil and leaver your hair deeply cleansed. Some botanical ingredients include tea tree oil, rosemary oil, lemon oil, and hop botanical extracts. This shampoo brand is gentle and light and have amazing smell, don’t forget, it also has long lasting effects.
Pantene Purify Clarifying Shampoo
If you often use styling products daily, then this good shampoo for greasy hair will greatly help you to forget about heavy residue that may result from styling products. Clarifying shampoo are the best option to go for if you want to clear unwanted oils that may be causing your greasy hair. This shampoo purifies, cleanses and performs miracles with greasy hair. It also does not contain any moisturizer that may weigh down the hair. What you need to do is just to acquire this shampoo and do as the instructions provided.
Head and Shoulders Instant Oil Control Shampoo
This product is formulated with mango and citrus essence that help it to control dandruff, hair and scalp oil and will make you hair feel clean immediately. The mango and citrus components delivers 100% flake-free condition and thus giving you the hair care and the confidence you deserve.
L’Oreal Serie Expert Pure Resource Shampoo for Unisex
This is termed the best shampoo for removing extra oil from the scalp and hair and so a good oil control shampoo. A customer in Amazon.com reveals that, “This one does the job of removing excess oils from the hair pretty well. It is not the “dream product” I was looking for, but it is the best of four or five others I’ve tried in recent months.”
The smell of this shampoo is a bit unusual be will only be noticeable at the start of the application and will not stay in the hair for longer period, but generally, this product give quick and amazing result you would long for. Odor it now for better oily hair treatment.
To summarize, we would like to thank all our readers for taking their time to go through this review. You should know that having oily hair can be bothersome and somewhat embarrassing but thanks to many available remedies including the above discussed wonderful oily scalp shampoos. Try to decide on the best shampoo for your oily scalp may also be very difficult since there are numerous shampoos available in the market but you must make sure you take your time to study different shampoos, consider your choice and decide which ones are formulated specifically for your case, your doctor may advise you better. This will for sure give you your desired result.
List of References
- BEST SHAMPOO FOR OILY HAIR: http://oilyhairguide.com/best-shampoo-for-oily-hair/
- 9 Oil-Control Shampoos to Get Hold of Greasy Strands: http://www.bestproducts.com/beauty/g1596/best-shampoo-for-oily-hair/
- 11 Best Oily Hair Remedies: http://www.totalbeauty.com/content/gallery/oily-hair-products
- Shampoo for Oily Hair & Oily Scalp – Natural Dandruff Treatment for Women & Men – Hair Loss: https://www.amazon.com/Shampoo-Oily-Hair-Scalp-Strengthener/dp/B009DU4QYE
- THE QUICK AND DIRTY ON GREASY HAIR: http://pantene.com/en-us/brandexperience/the-quick-and-dirty-on-greasy-hair
- Why is My Hair So Oily: https://www.illumai.com/blogs/biome-beauty/why-is-my-hair-so-oily
- What Causes Oily Hair: http://www.livestrong.com/article/100478-causes-oily-hair/